Sunday, January 7, 2018

Year in Review ~ 2017

It's amazing to me the ground covered in 2017 - both literally and figuratively! 
It was a year unparalleled to any other, taking me places I never dreamed I'd go and opening doors I never could have imagined I'd have the opportunity to walk through.  I am also astounded as I consider just how much change a single year can bring about. 
Nearly the first half of 2017 dashed past in flurry of final high school experiences. 
I fought to soak in my final days as a TSC student while balancing the load of my busy schedule and many responsibilities. In the middle of it all, I left for Bulgaria and returned with my head spinning as I realized that God had so much more for me there. 
I blinked and graduation was upon us.  I sat with my closest friends, the ones I had spent nearly every minute of every day of the past several years with. Together we turned our tassels and set out with starry-eyed wonder to face our new lives.
Days later, still hardly believing my high school days were through, all 7 of us piled into a motorhome and set out to see our corner of the world. We spent the next 100+ days doing life in (very) close quarters and learning how to make it work. 
The leaves began changing colors as we pulled back into town and the next chapter began.  I began working as a nanny to the sweetest baby boy, and couldn't agree with the words of the psalmist more when he proclaimed, "The LORD has done great things for us, and we are filled with joy!" (psalm 126:3). The next weeks and months slipped quietly by as I fell in love with the baby I cared for and thanked the Lord for His goodness in providing above and beyond what I could have ever asked or imagined. Slowly but surely the doors continued opening as the hope of returning to Bulgaria for an extended period of time began solidifying into reality. 
This year has brought challenges I couldn't have imagined facing a year ago, but it has also brought so much joy.  I thank the Lord for entrusting to us such a unique and special year, and have a feeling that this coming year will be just as, if not more, wonderful. 

January Highlights

School, school, school! 
graduation prep
Bible studies kick off
surprize party!
 Lots of babysitting!
Homecoming 

February 

soccer season kicks off
school outreach trips and restaurant breaks 
Weekend trip to the lake and Liberty University 
Middle school bible study fun
Life Action revival 
Our class leads a week of missions prayer services

March

 Kaden's 8th B-day
 Fine arts school trip 
Loooots of soccer games!
 Trip to Pensacola Christian College

April 

 
Senior trip to the Big Apple 


Bulgaria 2017
                                     Bethany turns 5!

May

Soccer senior night
Bulgaria recap service
senior revival
Junior Senior 
  lunch after AP testing
Bethany graduates pre-k!
final middle school girls Bible study
graduation...
.... and too many goodbyes
Brandon's 15th B-day

June

 Grandma and Granddad's birthday party 
 Final graduation party 
 let the insanity begin!
RV life starts
 Beach week!

July 

 our journey continues...
 creation museum in Kentucky




 my 18th birthday! 

 August







 dad's 50th birthday

September 

 visiting family in VA

 Lake stop! Wahoo!

Back home with best friends
and back to the basics
sweet days spent with the sweetest little one

October

more babysitting
trip to the Bulgarian embassy in DC for my visa
 compiling Bulgaria memories into a photobook

November

 Giggling over Kaden and Bethany's shows 
5k with friends 
 trying to bake a Bulgarian bread
 Thanksgiving crafts
 Family "camp out" in the living room on Thanksgiving
Hello Christmas! 

December

 Visiting the Museum of the Bible during another trip to the Bulgarian embassy in DC
the sweetest days
Ashlee finally comes home after boot camp!
 time with sweet friends
Christmas arrives

As diverse and unique as 2017 has been, I have a feeling that God has some even more amazing things planned for 2018. Join me in following Him in the crazy, wonderful path He has planned for each of us! 




No comments:

Numbering the Days ~ 1 March