Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Happy Birthday Gandy! Our Gatlinburg, Tennesee Trip

"I can't believe I didn't find out about this!"
As a surprise birthday present for my grandmother's birthday
we went to the mountains of Gatlinburg, Tennessee for a week of Thanksgiving fun and celebrating.
My family had been planning for months,
but somehow the secret had been kept
 and my grandma was getting a great surprise birthday present.
And what a time it was!
We had so much fun playing in the snow, making a home movie, hiking, having air soft wars, going to an aquarium, making cookies, and more.   
 

At a mall and hotel  the day before
Finally at the house!
The first night in the house a raccoon showed up on the porch!
It was really cool to see and everyone enjoyed watching it.
 
Kevin and Bethany
Happy birthday, Gandy!
 
This is probably my favorite picture taken on the trip.
Our Charlie Brown's thanksgiving feast
 
the beautiful sunset
My cousin Nathan and me
the cousins!
 
We had such a good time in the mountains!
I'm so thankful for all my cousins, aunts, uncles, and grandparents.
I have an amazing family, and I'm so blessed by them.
Happy birthday, Gandy!
 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful picture of our precious grandchildren! And a great description of our family trip! You sure have a way with words, B......I'm finally over my surprise, but cannot believe that I had not a clue! Love you, Sweetie, and thank you for your part in my surprise....

Numbering the Days ~ 1 March