Growing Up

My heart is overwhelmed with gratefulness today.
So much has happened in my life. 
The truth is that God has happened! 
No longer am I the sick, searching little girl I used to be.
I am now becoming the fulfilled encourager, the hope-bringer, and the Christ following woman who I was created be.
 
For as long as I can remember, I  never wanted to grow up.
I wanted to stay an innocent little child,
 always able to hide behind my parents when I was uncertain or shy.
I never wanted the adult, grown-up body because I was so scared of what that would bring.
I didn't want to a separate person from my parents.
And, in all honesty, I didn't know who that person was.
I completely trusted my mom and dad, but could I trust me? 
Could I do it on my own?
The answer is no.
No, I cannot trust me.
No, I cannot do it on my own.
 
But God.
I am now no longer trying to do it on my own, and I am no longer trying to figure out who I am.
I know who God is, and I have personally experienced his healing power.
Because I know who God is, I now know who I am.
I understand myself through him, and I am learning how I fit into his picture.
Now I can trust God.
And I can do life through him. 
On my own, no way!
With God? totally. 
 
 

Comments

The Mac Fam said…
YES YES YES!!! You've got this girl. You have got an understanding beyond your years. I cannot wait to see all God has for your life. You are such an inspiration. I love your heart, your transparency and YOU! :)