Friday, October 24, 2014

Whitey

When I was 2, I begged for a dog.
I was always told, "When you're eight you can get one, when you're eight."
8 years old could come fast enough for me. 
Finally it happened, and now, nearly 8 years into life with Whitey, I can more clearly see the pros and cons of our dog.
Pro:
He's usually a sweet dog.
Con:
He doesn't like kids he doesn't know, and will growl at them.
Pro:
He doesn't bite (usually).
Con:
His growl scares little kids.
Pro:
He likes to snuggle
Con:
He won't usually come when called.
Pro:
he's an easy dog to have around the house.
Con:
When he's mad, he'll raid the trash cans...and our guests suitcases. 
 (sorry about your hat, Pop!)
 
I don't think I'll get another dog after Whitey. 
I've learned that dogs are a large responsibility and take work and time.
I am very thankful, though, that my parents gave me the opportunity to have a dog and learn what it is like.
Whitey is like my baby, and I'm thankful for my him and the learning opportunity he has provided.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great pics of you and the dog. :)

Numbering the Days ~ 1 March